Saturday, September 12, 2009

Fantasy lululemon

This is me pretending I work for lululemon. I have created, printed, and framed my one year-, five year-, and 10 year goals just like the lulu employees. The goals have a prominent position above my kitchen table and below my autographed photo of Robert Culp in Bob & Carol & Ted & Alice.

Short-term goals -- in the categories of health, career, and personal -- include climbing four area mountains, saving $1,000, and finishing final drafts of my novel by December 2010.

Middle-term goals include driving across the country in a really cool vintage car, having decent insurance, and taking a fast-paced French course.

Longer-term goals include my own trademarked brand of fitness, owning a New York apartment with a garden, and saving one-million dollars

As stated in lululemon's Sept. 8 goal-setting class, goals must define your core values. They must be written in present tense, be SMART (Specific, Measurable, Authentic, Realistic, and Timely), require growth, and be 50% achievable.

Mine are.

No comments:

Post a Comment