Sunday, January 3, 2010

New Year's Odds and Ends Goulash



With one exception this week--I'm meeting people at a restaurant--I'm preparing all meals at home. My goal is to cook new things while cleaning out my cupboards. I'm super poor this month but wish to celebrate my current possessions. Tomorrow's lunch will be a baked potato, some boxed pilaf in the back of the cupboard, and some canned baked beans I bought on sale in 2009. For dinner, I will be making Jamie Oliver's "Quick sausage and meatballs with a tomato and basil sauce, spaghetti and sweet raw peas" (page 158).

Tomorrow is my first day of Lehman College's Winter Intensive graduate course on Human Sexuality. I got the book yesterday and am thrilled at the steamy topic in this blast of cold weather. To ensure that the class will happen, my professor combined undergrads with grads. In other words, I will be taking sex ed in the Bronx with a mixed bag of old bags (like myself) and eighteen-year-olds. I'm sure I'll learn something.

Just want to say that 2009 was a good year, despite everything. Here's a peak at the year past.

No comments:

Post a Comment